Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Matthew Update

Matthew did well overnight. He got a little upset with the nurses when he started waking up and trying to remove the wires and tubes so they had to sedate him and get everything positioned back in place. They had to move his central line to his foot cause it came out of his arm and now he has a stitch there. I warned them that he can get kinda squiggly but I guess they did not take my warning seriously! He did it again after the nurse shift changed at around 7:30 and this time I was in the room. He sort of caught them off guard and woke up really fast from a peaceful sleep and started moving all around. The nurse gave him his next dose of sedative and then another dose with no real effect. Seems my little guy is hard to sedate (they said this was common with T21). They ended up using some kind of paralyzing drug so they could reposition his breathing tube. This kinda freaked me out when they said they were going to do it but they talked me through it and he seemed to come off it fine. He is now getting morphine for pain and Dex to keep him calm. Daddy is with him so I could come home and spend time with Mary and mikey. Mikey is now napping and Mary is playing with play doh.

There seems to be some debate as to when to remove the breathing tube. The surgeon says tonight and the cardiologist says tomorrow. I'm sure Matthew will help them decide!

So, thanks for all the prayers. Seems he is doing well for having this type of surgery. I'll keep you posted. Three other children from my Babycenter.com (T21) support group are having the same surgery this week. If you could say a little prayer for them I would appreciate it. Sebastian is having surgery right now, Kylee on Wednesday and Melody on Thursday. Its a busy week for our group!

No comments:

Post a Comment