Monday, January 25, 2010

The 2 Week Anniversary

Even though I have not gotten to hold Matthew yet his is doing better today. The breathing tube is out and they are weaning him off his medications. He will be on a couple for some time at home but he should be down to only oral medications in a couple more days. He still has a large belly/gas issue but does not seem too uncomfortable. Now that he is mostly free of the sedation Matthew is awake for many hours of the day. He is very wiggly and looks as if he is not sure where he is or what has happened. I'd probably be the same way after 2 weeks in a hospital bed!

Grandma is in visiting him for a couple hours while I came home to see Mary & Mikey. Mike Sr has caught our cold and is trying to rest today so he can try to return to work tomorrow. I'm feeling a little better today but am still wearing a mask when visiting Matthew so I'm sure I look strange to him.

Here's hoping this week goes really well!
Lori

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear his breathing tube is out. Hopefully you'll get to hold him soon and home isn't too far away.

    Natalie

    ReplyDelete