Friday, February 26, 2010

Might be moving to "the floor"

Matthew is doing well. The breathing tube was removed Thursday at 2:30 AM. The chest tubes came out in the afternoon and this morning he took his first bottle. He still needs a tiny amount of oxygen but he is breathing well otherwise. His lungs are still pretty cloudy but improving. During his cath lab visit they used an artery for access and that artery might be clogged so he is on a blood thinner and they are watching his pulses in his right foot. Is cold to the touch but he is moving it just fine. I'm still waiting for smiley Matthew to return but I think I will get some smiles today. I'm looking forward to seeing Mike, Mary and Mikey tonight as well as the Grandma and Grandpa Huhn (if it stops snowing)!

2 comments:

  1. Hang In There.... I know how hard a LONG hospital stay is.... praying for Matthew and you guys! arlene from BBC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that Matthew is getting better. Hope you can bring Matthew home soon. Always in my thoughts and prayers.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete