Monday, February 22, 2010

Cath lab today....possible surgery Tuesday

Matthew is in the cath lab right now so they can get some additional data on the pressures in his heart. This information will be used to decide whether he will have the planned surgery on Tuesday. Yesterday they were leaning towards trying to get him home and waiting for surgery. Now that the weekend is over and all the "bigwigs" are discussing his case, they are leaning more towards doing the surgery Tuesday. We will see which way they decide to go after the cardiologists and surgeons meet tomorrow morning.

The trip to Boston went fine and Matthew is doing well in their care. I got to spend a few hours with Leslie (roommate from college) Saturday - it was really nice of her to come visit while I got myself acquainted with the hospital. On Sunday Mike, Grandma Huhn and the kids came for a visit. I think the kids were more excited to see the fish in the lobby than Mommy but I loved seeing them!

I'll try to add an update tomorrow once we know about surgery. Surgery wont be until the afternoon either way.

1 comment:

  1. Continued prayers Lori...thanks so much for the updates. Sorry you have to wait until tomorrow to know if he will have the surgery but it sounds like they are being extremely thorough in their decision. Glad everyone got to come up Sat. Hope one way or the other Matthew gets to go home soon!!! Will be thinking and praying for him tomorrow. Jen D

    ReplyDelete